There is a new superfood cocktail in Vancouver and it is crafted by Rosewood Hotel Georgia bartender Brad Stanton.
The Turmeric Fizz is now available at Prohibition, the hotel’s 1920s-inspired drinking destination.
The new golden-hued libation combines antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents and other healing properties of the signature spice with Casadores Resposado tequila, Dry Vermouth, local honey and a splash of lemon and orange juice.
Here is the abbreviated recipe of Vancouver's newest happening cocktail.
• 30ml (1 oz) Cazadores Reposado
• 30ml (1 oz) Dolin’s dry vermouth
• 30ml (1 oz) Turmeric syrup
• 20ml (0.67 oz) Lemon Juice
• 10ml (0.33 oz) Orange Juice
• 60ml (2 oz) Soda
• Garnish with 1 dehydrated blood orange wheel and cracked pepper
To make the Turmeric Syrup
• 6oz fresh turmeric (skins on, smashed)
• 2L water
• 2L honey
• In a large pot, bring water to boil
• Add turmeric
• Reduce to medium heat for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
• Remove from heat, strain, stir in honey
• Let stand to cool
Method for the drink:
• Add cubed ice to a Teku glass
• Add 20ml lemon juice and 10ml orange to the glass
• Fill with ISI prebatch Turmeric Fizz
• Garnish with fresh cracked pepper and 1 dehydrated blood orange